In response to the Corona Virus outbreak and following guidance from NHS England and Public Health, we are temporarily changing the way we work here at Harley Street Medical Centre.

Update for our patients:

We are open but we are working in a different way.

Our door is open for patients with booked appointments only. We ask that you stand at the door and a receptionist will come to assist you. Please ensure that you are wearing a face mask.

All requests for appointments, prescriptions and queries are done over the telephone.

All requests for appointments are being triaged by our clinical team and if necessary we will offer a telephone consultation, video consultation or a face to face consultation.

We ask that all repeat prescription requests are put into the prescription box on the wall outside the surgery.  They will then be processed following our normal 48 hour rule. The prescription will then be sent electronically to your chosen pharmacy


GP Practices are reporting increases in requests from patients for letters of exemption to wearing face masks in public settings.

The Government guidance suggests there is no requirement for evidence for exemption.

It should be sufficient for someone to declare that they are eligible for an exemption direct with the person questioning them.

Practices are therefore not required to provide letters of support for those who fall under the list of exemptions, or to those who do not fall under the list of exemptions.

Please do not contact the practice for an exemption letter, we cannot do these.


If you or a member of your household has been advised to self isolate for 14 days prior to an elective admission to hospital, for example before an operation, and your employer is requesting a sick note (Med3) to cover you during this time, please note that we cannot provide this unless you are sick. Your hospital admission letter should be sufficient evidence for this. If you need any further help please follow the information below

·         Click this link NHS 111 ISOLATION NOTE and apply for a self-isolation note. You should answer yes to the question: “Have you been told to self-isolate by an NHS service or a healthcare professional?” and tick the box that says “I have been told to self-isolate by a test and trace service” you will be able to get a self-isolation note sent to you.

·        CLICK HERE TO OPEN A TEMPLATE LETTER enter your details, print and give a copy to your employer


All appointment requests are being triaged. This also includes requests for pre-bookable appointments. We are limiting face to face appointments at the moment, and the vast majority will be completed over the telephone. You will be asked if you have a cough or fever before you attend.

Nurse appointments for baby imms, smears, contraceptive injections, B12 injections, suture removal and dressings will go ahead as normal if you do not have a cough or fever. Pill checks can be done over the phone and the medication sent electronically to a local pharmacy. Anything routine such as an annual health check will be postponed until a later date.

Extended hours appointments with local clinics are still available. You will be asked about your symptoms before an appointment will be booked, and a telephone appointment may be allocated rather than face to face.

Online appointments will be temporarily unavailable during this time.

If you have COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) you will receive a telephone call from our practice Pharmacist to ensure that you have a rescue pack of medication in stock, should your symptoms get worse during this period.

Med 3s (Sick notes)

New illnesses - please self certify for the first 7 days. You can fill out a self cert online at the website.

Anything over 7 days please contact 111 either over the phone or online.

Over 70s

We are trying to limit those most at risk from attending the surgery. Please do not contact the surgery to book your over 70 health check during this time. We will contact you once these resume.

Home Visits

These will most likely be completed over the telephone if possible.


Paper prescriptions are no longer available. All medication will be sent electronically to your nominated chemist. If you do not have a chemist nominated on your records we will be allocating one on your behalf; please contact the surgery if you would like us to change your pharmacy preference. Most prescriptions will also be issued for 3 months, you will be able to collect these one month at a time from your nominated pharmacy (with the exception of certain medication such as controlled drugs, which will be issued for 1 month maximum).

Registering a death during the Covid-19 pandemic

Death certificates are now sent electronically and the registration is done via phone; you do not need to pick up the certificate. Families can call 01782 235260 to book an appointment with a registrar to register the death.

Holiday guidance as the lockdown is eased CLICK HERE

Mental Health

Please follow the following link for mental health apps that you can download, some are free please check before downloading.

See the following document for helplines and support during the outbreak

North Staffs/S-o-T Mental Health Support During COVID-19

High Risk Patients

You will be receiving a letter from NHS England to state that you are high risk and need to stay indoors for 12 weeks.

Please be advised the searches to identify the final group of patients at high risk of severe illness from Covid 19 have been delayed nationally.

If you think you fall into the high risk category then we recommend you follow the guidelines issued by the government. This means

  •   Not leaving your home
  •   Stay at least 2 metres away from other people in your home

We are experiencing a high volume of calls, and must prioritise those who need medical assistance.

Emergency food parcels

Staffordshire County Council are providing food parcels for vulnerable residents across Staffordshire that are in need of help and don’t have any family or neighbours to support them.

Vulnerable people who must stay indoors should look for support from family and friends, neighbours, or from local community groups first.

However, If you have no-one to turn to and need help getting food and basic household supplies, you can contact our emergency call centre on 0300 111 8050

Advisors will arrange for a food parcel to be delivered to your home as soon as possible. Your food parcel should last you for one week.

As part of this service, they will connect you to a local community or voluntary organisation in your area that will help you to get your food and other supplies over the coming weeks.

Have you been made redundant or feel that you could be because of Covid-19?

Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire LEP (SSLEP) is announcing a Redundancy and Recruitment Triage Service for businesses and employees experiencing redundancies as a result of the coronavirus, delivered by the National Careers Service West Midlands including Staffordshire. If you have been made redundant or are at risk of redundancy contact the National Careers Service now on 0121 296 5550 or email to book a telephone appointment. 

  • If you are an employer whose staff are at risk of redundancy, please call 07879 603635.
  • If you require support to fill urgent vacancies, please call 07879 603635.

Childcare for critical workers and children returning to school on June 1st 2020

If you are a critical worker and your normal school, nursery or childminder cannot help you, we can help to find emergency childcare in your local area.

Please call us on 01785 278 201 or email

Guidance Notes for Parents of Children Returning to School from 1st June 2020

Look after your mental health


Domestic abuse

The household isolation instruction as a result of coronavirus does not apply if you need to leave your home to escape domestic abuse. 

If you are in immediate danger, call 999 and ask for the police - the police will continue to respond to emergency calls.

If you are in danger and unable to talk on the phone, dial 999, listen to the questions from the operator and respond by coughing or tapping the handset if you can. Then follow the instructions depending on whether you are calling from a mobile or a landline.

If you call from a mobile, if prompted, press 55 to Make Yourself Heard - this will transfer your call to the police. Pressing 55 only works on mobiles and does not allow police to track your location.

If you call 999 from a landline, if only background noise can be heard and BT operators cannot decide whether an emergency service is needed, then you will be connected to a police call handler.

If you replace the handset, the landline may remain connected for 45 seconds in case you pick up again.

When 999 calls are made from landlines, information about your location should be automatically available to the call handlers to help provide a response.

New Era Domestic Abuse

Local helpline: 0300 303 3778 or, if you’d like to chat online with New Era, you can do this now by live chat. Click here to visit website.

National Domestic Abuse Helpline

Click here to visit the website Service that provides guidance and support for potential victims, as well as those who are worried about friends and loved ones. It also has a form through which you can book a safe time for a call from the team. Call: 0808 2000 247

Women's Aid

Women's Aid (click here to visit website) has a range of direct services for survivors, including a live chat service and an online Survivors’ Forum. They have developed additional advice specifically designed for the current coronavirus outbreak.

Men’s Advice Line

The Men’s Advice Line is a confidential helpline for male victims of domestic abuse and those supporting them. Call: 0808 801 0327 Click here to visit website

Galop - LGBT+

Galop (click here) runs the National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse specialist helpline. Email: Call: 0800 999 542

Hestia - abusive relationships

Hestia (click here) provides a free mobile app, Bright Sky, which provides support and information to anyone who may be in an abusive relationship or those concerned about someone they know.

Chayn - abusive situations different languages

Chayn (click here) provides online help and resources in a number of languages about identifying manipulative situations and how friends can support those being abused.

Sexual assault referral centres

Sexual assault referral centres continue to provide non-judgmental advice and support services to victims and survivors of sexual assault or abuse. Interviews, forensic examinations and sexual health and counselling services are offered in a comfortable environment where staff will ensure that victims and survivors will be managed safely to comply with coronavirus guidance.

Please call your local sexual assault referral centre to arrange care and support, which may be provided in person or remotely depending on your needs.

click here to search for your local service

Karma Nirvana - 'honour' based abuse

If you are suffering abuse from your family or community because they say that you have compromised their ‘honour’, or if they are trying to force you into marriage, you can get help. Karma Nirvana runs the national honour-based abuse helpline. Email: Call: 0800 5999 247

Imkaan - violence against black and minority women

Imkaan (click here) is a women’s organisation addressing violence against black and minority women and girls.

Stay Safe East - disabled victims and survivors

Stay Safe East provides specialist and holistic advocacy and support services to disabled victims and survivors of abuse.

SignHealth - support for deaf people

Sign Health (click here) provides domestic abuse service support for deaf people in British Sign Language (BSL). WhatsApp or Facetime: 07970 350366 Telephone: 020 3947 2601 Email:


Stay Active Whilst At Home

Be active at home

Top tips for wellbeing during Covid-19

Please take the time to read the following leaflet regarding the Corona Virus; click the links to access easy read and different languages if needed.








Finally, stay safe, remember to wash your hands and thank you for your support during this time.


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website